Thursday, August 16, 2012

Thank you Zafar H and Toastmasters Club

Hi,

Its been a long time since I updated this blog of mine. I was caught up with my facebook account and the updates and article/thoughts sharing were happening there. It still continues there but I thought of maintaining my blog continuously too especially for those who do not have a facebook account or not in my "Friends" list.

I thought of sharing some my toastmasters club speeches that I had delivered during my stint at Whampoa Toastmasters Club (Singapore). Toastmasters club is something I will strongly recommend to anyone who wants to improve his or her communication skills and their confidence in communicating. It helped me so much and all thanks to my communications guru Zafar H who himself is an award-winning speaker and an active toastmasters club member and participant for many years now. I did not continue due to my work schedules and personal commitment but I am always grateful to Zafar and toastmasters club for improving my communication skills, the confidence in delivering a speech and off-the-cuff (table-topics) speeches especially when caught off-guard. The evaluation skills I learnt in toastmasters club is excellent too and I still follow their "Evaluate to Motivate" motto when I have to evaluate someone - formally or informally.

Though I only completed 6 projects and had 4 more to attain the Competent Toastmaster title, I am confident that I will join a club in the new future and completed all the 10 projects even if I have to redo the first 6 projects again. I will be more than glad to do it.

In my following blog posts, I will share my past speeches.

Best regards.

Kumaran RN

No comments: