Monday, August 23, 2010

First Time Acting Experience on TV

Hi,


I have had acted in small stage skits (during Junior College days, in 1990 and 1991, as writer, director and actor)and two full-length stage drama (one in 1997 as a writer, director and actor and the other in 2006 as actor only in a major part as the hero's comedy friend). I have also been featured in a couple of interviews on current affairs programmes on TV, but on 22 August 2010, I was requested by my friend and casting manager of Royal Productions Kevin Rajasekar to act on TV for a drama based on true-live stories entitled, "Theerpugal" (Judgements).

I acted as one of the parents of the hero (a student who stabs his lecturer and commits suicide). It was a new experience for me and my screen pair Ms Sheeda. We did our best and I thank her for being co-operative, sporting, committed and doing her part well too although at a couple of times I made some bloopers by saying the wrong dialogues making everyone laugh. It was suppose to be a very emotional and anger-mixed scene.

Sheeda had the most difficult task of forcing tears in her eyes by using the Axe-brand medicated oil and some water. My role was that of an angry father who, together with Sheeda (my screen wife), confront a lecturer for the loss of our screen son who committed suicide in the campus.

Shots were done at different angles and we also had to wait for about 3 hours before our parts were shot. Kudos to the director Mr Viknesh who was calm and encouraging. Kevin was encouraging too by giving us tips with Mr Viknesh.

I am more comfortable as being a script writer for short films as a hobby and maybe direct a short film (which I am yet to begin although a couple of my scripts are in progress to be made into short-films thanks to Sam Guna of DSMedia and Kevin), but to act on screen, well.. now I know the difficulty the actors really face.

The show will be screened on Vasantham channel on Tuesday 31 August 2010 at 10pm. I am eager to see how I have performed. I will also try to record it with my video camera and post it on my my facebook.

I am really excited :)

Will I act more if there are offers ? well, if only time permits as work and family are my first priorities. Acting and script writing are hobbies that i enjoy doing especially screenplay writing.

I just wanted to record this new experience of mine on this blog :)


Best regards.

Kumaran RN

No comments: