Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Towards Progress

Hi,

After tiring Deepavali preparations and celebrations, and continuing heavy workload, I managed to find some time now to air out my thoughts.

Deepavali comes and goes. When I was a single living with my parents, I used to just spend the deepavali holiday at home watching TV and doing my own things (after the usual morning prayers and family breakfast). After marriage, I started to travel to visit my parents, parents-in-law, and sisters.. all in a day. This was the same thing too for the three years now, but this year there has been a slight improvement.

After last year's deepavali, I stared to increase my vegetarian food intake and reduce my non-vegetarian food intake drastically. I have stopped eating chicken and mutton. I do take egg and fish, not often but once in a while. It has been a year since and I feel great physically and internally. I have also started to do regular meditation and improving my spiritual involvement.

As a result, I am able to find more answers and get realisations for many happenings. This year onwards I have decided to be on full vegetarian diet every deepavali (no egg or fish intake at all for me). It is nice to get the spiritual connections. The feelings and energy they generate as fantastic.

two weeks ago, I got the blessings of the siththar Dattatreya Siva Baba (http://www.sivababa.org/) when he was visiting Singapore to give some spiritual talks. I wanted to see him live and hear his speech, but I was gifted (unexpected) to get to walk with him so close after the talk to his car. His blessing looks and smile was just awesome. I felt as though I my karmas were gone. Thanks to my god brother Shivakkumar.

At least this year I have reduced my grassroots and volunteer involvement drastically and realigned my live to be more focused on my family, career, spirituality and knowledge seeking. I am still maintaining my membership int he Indian Activites Executive Committee (IAEC) in Punggol Park Community Centre, but a low profile one.

There are still more to do and the progress is encouraging. I am curently planing out my goals/targets to achieve in 2010.

Of course there are slack periods that I do experience sometimes, but it is not as worse as before.

Hope to instill more improvements in my life and in turn help others by creating positive differences in them.

Best regards.

Kumaran RN

No comments: