Friday, December 26, 2008

New Year Again : 2009

Hi,

New Year beginning again. How different will it be ?

For one thing, it is beginning in the midst of a global economic crisis which is expected to be as bad or even worst than the 1930s depression.

We can see it in a positive or negative light.

I prefer to see it in a positive way.

It is spring-cleaning time. If you observe the happening around the world, that is what is going on - from political to economical. It is a usual cycle and a person who understands this principle and has prepared his/her mindset for such turmoil will be the ultimate survivor.

Am I such a survivor ?

I am still learning and am taking steps to apply what I have learnt so far through my experience and knowledge gained (and still gaining) through resources (friends, field experts, articles, books, etc).

First half of my life so far (34 years) has been a learning one - mainly experiential learning - where I went through the good and worst times. THat taught me about survival. Many times I was demotivated during bad times and overly confident during good times, but as years went on, I learnt from mistakes. All these have definitely made me a better man.

My mum used to tell me that what we learn through experience after the formal education years is the real life-long learning. It is a journey that continues with us through out. Learning is only one part of the equation. To enjoy success, we need to apply what we learnt and the effort and attitude that we take will complete the equation to bring us towards success.

So, I foresee better years ahead of me leading me to my personal goals and vision.

Every step/obstacle is stepping stone towards success. I will maintain and better my mindset and attitude. At the same time, I also need to pause for reflection moments and also to smell the roses. Also, not to forget to help the unfortunate souls in the society, especially the children.

I am thinking of sponsoring (the education) a student in a secondary school. As years go on, I would want to sponsor the education of selected kids in childcare, primary and secondary (kids from the needy family, kids who are interested in education and want to be achievers in their own rights).

I would also want to continue my creating of positive differences in people. If I can do one per day, that will be great - like the scouts' principle of a good deed a day.

I need to do my exercises more regularly and be more vegetarian (95% vegetarian diets and 5% non-vegetarian diet that involves only light meats).

I need to be more financially prudent and look for avenues to make my money work hard for me.. it is about time money start to work for me.. that is real need if I have to survive in Singapore.

Based on my experience, in Singapore, if you have no money , then it is as good as you being dead.

Well, a city life.

Anyway, let me enjoy my life with my family and loved ones too.

Happy New Year and wonderful days ahead.

Kumaran RN

No comments: