Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Colour to Wear to Welcome New Year

Hi,

Like the past couple of years, the New Year countdown parties are held in many parts of Singapore, especially in constituency levels.

Even though I am one of the grassroots leaders in my constituency (Punggol South division of Pasir-Punggol GRC), I am selective in participating int he constituency and GRC events due to my work and other important family and personal commitments. As I am a only a volunteer, I need to give important priorities to my rice-bowl and family first other matters and I strongly believe in that. I do attend meetings regularly and see how I render my assistance to the society especially the needy.

This year, too, there is a countdown party arranged in my constituency and the volunteers and grassroots leaders are encouraged to wear the constituency T-Shirt when attending the event. Although I never attend countdown parties (never attended since young)- because I welcome the new year with my family with prayers at home - I feel that the T-shirt will not be auspicious/appropriate to wear to welcome the new year.

Why ?

Well, the t-shirt is black in colour, such a negative colour to wear to invite the new year. Some may even call it the funeral colour. Even if I suddenly get the urge to attend the countdown, I will never wear that colour. I do not understand why many people especially those in the leadership positions do not see this, even the MP. I wonder whether he will be wearing the black t-shirt or other coloured t-shirt/shirt.

With bad economic times looming ahead, shouldn't we be wearing a more positive colour to welcome the new year ? Talking about feng shui....

Anyway, I will be wearing a more positive colour shirt at home with my wife and family to welcome the New Year 2009 with prayers and auspicious and soothing music to create a more positive and peaceful environment to welcome the new year.. importtantly with a good smile from my heart to face :)

Happy New Year 2009, again.

Kumaran RN

No comments: